Monday, November 2, 2009

RIP Reservations

Lately I've been attempting to find my lane as an artist... I write everyday but as with most writers not every song is a "Melody Song" and Im grateful seeing as how it is incredibly important in this industry to be able to write for a variety of artists. 

But ... the thing about the thing is..... every artist has a lane that they should ride in that they can own and perfect before attempting to cross over.  I sometimes have so many reservations about how I want to be perceived or what box I want people to put me in.... I need to learn to let go and release those thoughts... because at the end of the day people are going to think what they want of my music.... I cant predict or change that. So before another day goes by Im going to let go of all reservations and just be myself.... if they like it they like it... if they dont... thats fine too.

Whew.... so much easier said than done! Right? "Im an artist and Im sensitive about my shiiiz" (who said that 1st anyway? Erykah? I wanted to quote them... but I cant even find the original author of that quote on Google.......) Let's be real I want people to like me, I want people to respect me, like Drake and Trey I just wanna to be Successful. 

So far be it for me to try and change the rules and ride outside of my artistic lane? I honestly really don't know... what I do know is I need to lay my reservations to rest and do my best at being the best "Me" i can be. So... R.I.P. Reservations, Regret, and Guilt.


"My name is Melody and Im learning to find security in letting myself shine."

No comments:

Post a Comment